A bathroom or kitchen remodel can be the most exciting and impactful update to your home, but also the most expensive. That’s because both typically involve not only construction, but also plumbing and electrical, and lots of fixtures and finishes.
For major renovations, your best bet is to work with a designer who is experienced in kitchen or bath remodel. They’ll understand the special considerations and intricacies involved with these two rooms, and help ensure the big reveal is what you expected and wanted.
Questions to ask
Whether you are hiring a separate designer or a general contractor with design expertise, we recommend you ask the following questions:
- How many kitchens/bathrooms have you designed? Ask how long they’ve been in business, and request before and after photos of projects similar in scope to yours.
- Can I see your current business license(s)? You want to make sure they are still current, and should also ask whether they are insured and bonded, and if they have liability insurance and workers’ compensation.
- How will you present your design ideas? A sketch on a napkin can’t clearly convey the scope of a project. Ask how they communicate with clients, and how much input you’ll be able to have.
- Can you work within my budget? Be clear about your budget, and avoid approving a design that uses every last dollar. Rarely does a renovation proceed without any unexpected issues, and you want to make sure you have a cushion to account for this likelihood.
- Do you charge by the hour or do you have a flat fee? There are benefits and drawbacks to both options.
Everything you need for your kitchen or bath remodel
Work with us to remove some of the stress from your renovation. Beyond building materials, cabinets and vanities, countertops, plumbing fixtures and specialty hardware, we offer extensive kitchen design services. We can also offer our expertise with ideas to inspire your bathroom or kitchen remodel.
Visit our showroom for ideas, and stop in or request an appointment for a quote or design consultation.