Aside from a fresh coat of paint, nothing gives a home a quicker, cleaner facelift than new doors and windows. Upgrading to newer models can bring visual enhancement, greater curb appeal, lower energy bills and a better first impression for visitors.
You have a wealth of choices when it comes to new doors and windows. Need a little inspiration? Let’s take a look at some industry trends.
- Like windows, current trends in doors favor a cleaner, more modern look, with fewer lines or clutter. For interior, flush doors are popular, with their sleek and simple design. An array of wood veneers and finishes can personalize your choice.
- A bold color sets your front door apart and lends it greater curb appeal. There may be personal preferences when it comes to color, but there are no hard rules. Latest trends have favored red, though shades of blue and even black are making a strong showing this year. But choose your own favorite color—it’s your home, after all.
- Don’t forget hardware. You can raise your home’s IQ with a smart door lock—a highly configurable security solution that can track visits and be changed when needed. Not sure if you locked your door this morning? Tap a key on your phone.
- At Boilard Lumber, the door’s open for your home projects. We’ve got a full range of sturdy, beautiful and energy-efficient choices from manufacturers like Masonite®, Thermatru®, Rogue Valley Door® and Simpson®. Not to mention the perfect finishing touches in hardware from Baldwin®, Delaney, Emtek, Kwikset, and Schlage.
- As winter breezes in with shorter days and longer nights, it’s important to maximize your daylight exposure. Research proves its importance in mood elevation, and who couldn’t use more of that? Today’s windows are bright and modern, with clean, unobstructed panes free of patterns or grids, and with minimal frames.
- Energy efficient windows can keep the cold air out, the warm air in and boost your home value. All while cutting your energy bills by an average of $150 a year.
- We offer top quality windows from brands like Andersen®, Marvin®, Matthews Brothers, Atrium®, Velux® and more, that all deliver on construction, security and variety.
With updates to windows and doors, you can give your home a fresh new look, boost its curb appeal and cut your energy bills. Need more inspiration? Stop in and speak with our team. We offer a level of service you can’t find at a big box store. Windows, doors, paint and more—whatever your project, you can build it with Boilard Lumber.