Paint sales have remained high during the COVID-19 outbreak as people spending more time at home are looking for easy ways to freshen up their spaces. If you’re one of them, consider Pantone’s 2020 Color of the Year—classic blue—which is much easier to incorporate into your home’s design than last year’s living coral. Described by Pantone as “instilling calm, confidence, and connection” as well as being timeless, elegant and tranquil, classic blue works perfectly in every room.
Classic Blue Paint
Part of the versatility of classic blue is its ability to work both as a neutral and a pop of color. It’s perfectly at home on the walls of a dining room highlighted with white trim as it is on a single accent wall in an otherwise pale-hued bedroom or living room, or wainscoting in a bathroom.
Our Benjamin Moore paint selection offers a variety of classic blue shades including the calming Bedford Blue, the bolder Adriatic Sea and the deep Hidden Sapphire. Our PPG line features their own self-proclaimed 2020 color of the year, the peaceful Chinese Porcelain, a blend of cobalt and ink blue.
- For a tranquil feel, pair classic blue with muted, warm shades of pale blue, gray, and beige.
- To achieve a more vibrant look, consider accents of last year’s coral, as well as lime, cool white or black.
- Get a more exotic vibe when you pair classic blue with a spicy red, mango, gold or green.
Because we offer color-matching, it’s easy to get the exact shade of paint you need. Simply bring in the item you want to match, and our experts will mix it up for you.
Your commitment to classic blue can go as far as you like. When balancing three colors in a room, strive for about 60 percent of the main color, 30 percent for a secondary color and 10 percent for an accent color. To achieve this, think beyond your walls:
- Furniture: kitchen island, dining room chairs, wicker furniture on a sunporch
- Fabrics: upholstery, curtains, bedding, pillows, linens in bathroom
- Flooring: area rugs, carpeting, vinyl flooring
- Accents: artwork, books, lamps, benches
Get What You Need During Shutdown
For the safety and well-being of our Boilard Team and customers during the COVID-19 shutdown, our store and office are closed to any walk-in trade. However, you can call or email us your order for curbside pickup.