Five… gallon… paint bucket… 4 golf-ball sleeves, 3 gear essentials, 2 New England teams and a 6-pack of Mad Elf ale…
If we were to write our own holiday carol for 2017, it would likely include the lyrics above—representing just a few of the items adorning our contribution to the 17th Annual Festival of Trees! We invite one and all to come see our 7-foot pencil pine, along with more than 130 other creatively decked tannenbaums now on dazzling display at Tower Square in Springfield.
“We couldn’t wait to get started on our tree project,” said our own Mike Boilard, president of Boilard Lumber. “We came up with theme of ‘work, play, celebrate,’ and we wanted to provide a sampling of our quality goods as well as some very nice bonus items. Our employees and vendor friends made this possible with their extremely generous donations. We’re excited and proud to be part of this event once again.”
Boilard Lumber is among dozens of local businesses and community groups who donated a unique, personalized tree to the festive fundraiser, serving to benefit the Springfield Boys & Girls Club. The event culminates in a raffling of all trees on December 10, with proceeds going to support this critical youth agency. Last year was a record breaker for tree sponsorship (134 trees), attendance (more than 15,000 visitors) and revenue ($160,000)—and we hope 2017 tops those numbers all around!
Having a special appreciation for charitable endeavors, yuletide festivities and, well, trees, we at Boilard Lumber put a lotta love into our creation. So, what will the lucky winner merrily receive? How about:
- Boilard gear: backpack, Sportula grilling spatula, 5-gallon paint bucket, hat, safety vest, reusable bag and Velux water bottle
- Kreg tools: Kreg Jig K5 & Self-Tapping Pocket-Screw Kit
- Nike golf balls: Power Distance Soft golf balls (4 sleeves)
- PATS v. JETS: 4 tickets for Sunday, 12/31/17 (sec 141, row 24, seats 1 – 4)
- Springfield Thunderbirds: 4 vouchers, game of choice (2017 – 2018 regular season)
- Craft beer from Tröegs Brewing Company: 6-pack of The Mad Elf Holiday Ale
- Who wouldn’t want all THAT? OK, maybe not everyone, but it does mean something for everyone on your holiday list; we’re happy to help you play Santa.
17th Annual Festival of Trees | Fri., Nov. 24 – Sun., Dec. 10
- Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Adults: $5
- Seniors: $4
- Children 12 and under: Free
Small Business Saturday is Saturday, November 25
Whether you are looking to spruce up your home before the holidays or searching for the perfect gift for a special do-it-yourselfer, our team at Boilard Lumber can help you get just what you’re looking for.
SMALL BUSINESSES BENEFIT YOU
Small Business Saturday was launched by American Express on the day after Black Friday in 2010 with the goal of encouraging people across the country to support small local businesses. The U.S. Senate officially recognized the day in 2011. By the following year, it was championed by all 50 states and has since become a staple of holiday shopping.
But what’s in it for you, the consumer? In addition to supporting your local economy and creating a more diverse community, we’ll provide you with:
- A personalized shopping experience. We take pride in getting to know our customers, and will spend time talking with you to make sure you get the products and services best suited to your needs, whether you are remodeling your bathroom or looking for the right circular saw to give your spouse.
- Expert advice. Our team is well-versed in the services we offer and the products we sell. Not sure what you need to install a new toilet? Someone on your list is wishing for a miter saw, but you don’t know what that is? We will always give you our best advice and clearest explanation.
- Outstanding customer service. Rather than spending time roaming the aisles of a large warehouse looking for the right hammer, just let us know what you’re looking for. We’ll find it for you, or order it if it’s not in-stock. We also offer low-cost delivery and easy returns.
Trust Boilard Lumber to make you holiday shopping experience relaxed and easy on Small Business Saturday and every day! Contact us or visit the helpful staff in our store at 476 Oak Street in Indian Orchard, MA.
October is National Kitchen & Bath Month
Looking for a way to spruce up your home so it’s ready for the holidays? Our experts can help. With the cooler temps, we spend more time indoors, cooking and entertaining. That makes this a great time to renovate rooms like the kitchen and dining room, as well as often-neglected areas like powder rooms and bathrooms.
Kitchens are key
Your kitchen is more than just a place to cook; it’s the heart of your home. A great kitchen is a pleasure to work in, eat in, and gather in. Is yours up to the task?
Take stock and see where you have room for improvements. Consider:
- Are your cabinets in good repair, or are they looking a little rough around the edges? Sometimes simply changing out the hardware provides a much-needed refresh; more dire circumstances may require refinishing or replacing.
- How do your countertops look? Today’s countertops come in a wide range of solids and laminates, allowing you to achieve the look you truly desire.
- Do you have enough storage? Perhaps additional cabinets or an island can help you have a place for everything, with everything in its place.
- Is your workspace and flow effective? Plenty of counterspace, with good lighting, will help you accomplish tasks more easily, and allow for easier entertaining as well. The same is true with the flow of your kitchen, from the placement of appliances to the tools you use the most.
Dining rooms that delight
Beyond the simple function of a table and chairs, you want your dining space to invite guests to linger and enjoy a meal, while making entertaining as easy as possible for you. Think about:
- Do you have enough space to entertain the way you want to? If you are regularly cramming guests at the table, you may want to consider expanding.
- Does the room set the right tone? Trim, crown moulding, wainscoting, window and door casings, and chair rails all add architectural interest and value to a home, and provide great options to finish a dining room in style.
- Are you squeezing by chairs, or does the dining room have easy and convenient access to the kitchen so you can serve meals easily and elegantly? If, not the answer may be as simple as moving or expanding a doorway, or creating a pass-through.
Bathrooms: More than an afterthought
Often homeowners neglect their bathrooms thinking that renovations will be too expensive or time-consuming for such a relatively small space. But that doesn’t have to be the case, and for a room that is used so often, it’s worth paying attention to details. A lot depends on how the room is used (powder room, guest or children’s bath, or master bath), but you’ll want to take the following into account:
- Basics: does the bathroom have good lighting, a mirror, and matching fixtures?
- Do you have enough space and storage? Whether it’s just enough for guest towels, paper products, and amenities in a powder room; or a full linen closet and spacious vanity in a luxurious master bath, you may want to add additional cabinets or counterspace.
- In full baths, think about function. For example, if you have small children, you’ll want a tub with a shower, and plenty of room to store everything from towels to toys to toothbrushes, with easy access. When it comes to your master bath, you may want to create more of a spa-like retreat with a soaking tub or multi-head shower.
Whether you choose to tackle projects either large or small this fall, turn to our experts at Boilard Lumber. We have all the supplies––and advice––necessary for do-it-yourselfers, including cabinets in a wide variety of styles and finishes; plumbing fixtures; specialty hardware; tools; flooring and building supplies; paint and more. We also offer comprehensive design and installation services if you need help bringing your vision to life. Contact us today or visit the helpful staff in our store at 476 Oak Street in Indian Orchard, MA.
Western Mass Home & Garden Show at Big E has more solar optimism on display.
Bob Boilard of Boilard Lumber in the Indian Orchard section of Springfield said homeowners are in the market for kitchens. Boilard’s tool business — both in the store and online — is also doing well.
Read more at MassLive
BOILARD LUMBER PARTICIPATES IN PINK DAY!
WEST SPRINGFIELD – Market Mentors, LLC of West Springfield partnered with local businesses for the fourth annual “Pink Day” celebration in October to benefit Baystate Health Foundation Rays of Hope.
Read more at MassLive